Ads

lundi 9 avril 2012

Google Shake “UP” & What You Need To Know

Hey Twitteruser
 
Last month, the Internet marketing communities of the world erupted
with cries of despair. Google was mass de-indexing sites from a
couple of blog networks and to make matters worse Google also sent
out thousands upon thousands of "Warnings" in their webmaster tools
to people about questionable link building practices.
 
Once again people were crying out "SEO is Dead" and "Link Building
is Dead".
 
I have one word for all that BS... (well it is sort of a word)
 
Pffftt!
 
I am so sick of hearing people claim that "dead" BS. 
 
Let's imagine this for a moment, what would happen if Google
suddenly devalued a huge back linking type, lets say squidoo or
ezinearticles?
 
Rankings for people that primarily relied on these would see a
tremendous drop and could you imagine if Google followed that up
with some words of wisdom from someone like Matt Cutts? That would
cause mass hysteria!
 
Oh wait a minute that did happen before. Could it be that Google
used fear to get people to "believe" what they want?
 
No... it couldn't be... could it?
 
Lets take this a step farther, what if Google could join a few of
the big back linking systems and actually publish content to them
and figure out what the network was made of and then de-index them?
 
Then they could scare the crap out of people by pretending it is
some fancy algorithm they used. Especially if they follow this up
with some webmaster tool warnings and maybe a Matt Cutt tweet or
two. My goodness that would cause total mayhem!
 
I am going to stick my neck out here and make a very bold true
statement....
 
My blogs are getting better rankings and making more money now then
ever!
 
You know what... and get ready for this. I do SEO and link buildings
(gasp)
 
So when I hear SEO or backlinking is dead, it drives me crazy. Then
to make matters worse, when I hear a few people start preaching,
"just create really good content and linking will take care of
itself", I seriously think I start feeling a blood vessel in my
head almost explode.
 
I am warning anyone right now that says that in front of me to a
person that is just starting out, I might slap you in the side of
the head. I am by no means a violent person but people are pushing
absolute bull crap and are hurting others by eliminating any chance
they have at real success.
 
Unless you are Mashable, CNN or have an already huge mailing list,
then that is NOT going to happen. 
 
People that share that strategy are sharing "Google Crap" and of
course Google desires all its results to be that way, but that is
not going to happen. 
 
Ok, so let me clarify something here as well. I do NOT condone
creating crap content and filling your blog with only third party
articles. No, that is not at all an effective strategy either. 
 
What I am saying however is that your content on your site needs to
offer value, and you need the foundation of your blog to be built
on solid unique content. 
 
But you NEED to promote that content... and yes that means 
optimizing (using seo) and promoting (link building).
 
This topic gets me so worked up... seriously I am getting so
frustrated writing this email because I know how much that crap is
going to hurt people.
 
There are three things I focus on when I am trying to generate
revenue online...
 
1. Create good solid content with purpose
2. Do not be greedy and try making money too fast
3. Focus on traffic & not link building
 
Now before I continue, I have some bad news, I am not putting this
all in one email today. I am not making a 4000-word email that
overwhelms anyone with way too much info. 
 
Today I am going to hit on the content with purpose topic and then
cover the next two items over the next couple of days.
 
When you are starting a new website (blog), the first thing you had
better know is the purpose of the content that you are putting on
that site. A word of caution however, that purpose better not be to
"make money". Yes that of course is the goal of what you are doing,
but the content needs to be bigger then that.
 
Whenever I start a new site, it is 100% based on content that...
 
1. Has a Clarified Purpose
 
Before a single word is written I make sure that I am clear of the
exact purpose of the content. Is the purpose to sell something, 
to build my topic authority, to get an opt-in, to get them to visit 
a site or something else?
 
Understanding that is critical to how you write the content.
 
2. Relates to the reader I am targeting: 
 
Understand the demographics of your audience or you will simply
frustrate them and cause them to leave. Do not just recite some
definition of a keyword, but instead think about what your reader
is doing to get to your website. 
 
Do you really think they are typing in that keyword because they
want a definition? Chances are they know what the term is, since
they are the ones searching it. So why in the world would you
simple tell them what they already know? Instead, think about why
they are searching that term, what need(s) they are try trying to
satisfy, what emotions are driving them to your site.
 
3. Offers value: 
 
Do not be afraid to give them free answers or to link to a valuable
resource. I am not saying give them everything for free, but you
are trying to show them you are a trusted resource, so offer
resources. Pretty logical don't you think?
 
4. Is 100% Unique: 
 
Yes I do use content from other sources but the initial content of
my blogs are all 100% unique. I never add any other content until
my initial content is fully indexed in Google and getting traffic
and I never add more then one new post every 2 or 3 days. (I talk
more about this tomorrow)
 
5. Focuses on Context NOT Keywords: 
 
My initial content is never written for a keyword, instead I take
the keyword, create a title and then the content is focused on the
title.  
 
6. SEO Optimize it: 
 
Yes, this means making sure the term is in there a few times, bold,
italicize, h1 and or h2 tags, alt tags, and more (which, by the way
is super easy when you use something like this powerful little
plugin Push Button SEO  (which I highly recommend you check out!) 
 
Take Away Form This Email: 
 
Here is what I want you to take away from this. Link
building is essential and so is SEO but you need to start with
solid content first and so create your blog with 8 to 10 solid
pieces of content and then use a tool like "Push Button SEO"
to make it exactly how Google wants it to be.
 
Tomorrow, I am going to talk about... 
 
1. Do not be greedy and try making money too fast
2. Focus on traffic & not link building
 
...and I promise it will be good stuff you can start helping you
right away.
 
Talk tomorrow
Jason Katzenback





Archon Media, 2100 West Loop South Suite 900, Houston, Texas 77027

To unsubscribe or change subscriber options visit:
http://www.aweber.com/z/r/?rAxsbMwMtCwcbByMnGwMtEa0jCwMjMysDGw=

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire