Ads

jeudi 12 avril 2012

Google BS Defence Continued (great stuff in this email)

Hey Twitteruser
 
In the last two emails I have covered the topic of
"Content with Purpose" and "Do NOT be Greedy".
Today I want to talk about why you need to
change your focus from back linking to traffic.
 
However, I need to talk first about the Youtube
tip that I gave, as I got an email yesterday that
brought this up. Oh and by the way, thanks for
all the encouraging emails I have been
receiving... glad you are liking this email series.
 
When I mentioned the Youtube strategy, I did
not mention anything about copyright
infringement, which of course, you need to be
aware of. And as result, I got an email about
that right away and so I thought I needed to
address it in this email.
 
Keep in mind that I am telling you a strategy that
I use and nothing more,  and if you use anything
I mention, then you are solely responsible for
your own actions.
 
That said, when I mentioned to transcribe the
video, I also meant to include that when I post it,
I include the video with the post as well. The
transcription and the video stay together and the
way I look at it is if I publish a video, and it is
not already related to written content and I am
just using YouTube to publish my videos, then if
someone wants to republish and include a
transcript, that is awesome! It will increase my
content exposure and help me.
 
If you try this and by chance do get an email
about copyright infringement, then just remove
the post. For as long as I have been doing this
and it has been creating top rankings, I have
NEVER had one single complaint. 
 
Could it happen? Yes, so be mindful of that and
remember, don't blame me, I am simply sharing
what I do, nothing more.
 
OK, so back to the main purpose of this email.
 
If you are already a customer of mine, you
probably have heard this before. I am not quite
in my sharing of the concept of "Traffic NOT
Back Links" and the exact reason for this is that
if you are only focusing on back links, then you
are going to miss out on huge traffic
opportunities and are wasting a lot of your time
on useless work.
 
Below I share with you the top three issues I see
with focusing on back links rather than traffic
and of course, what I do about them. I am not
telling you what to do, just sharing what I do,
and you are free to use this information how you
see fit, but you are responsible for whatever
happens by using it. It's sad that I have to stress
that point, makes it discouraging to want to
share anything.
 
Problem #1: No one knows the back link exists
 
I see a lot of job postings for things like...
 
"get 100 instant back links for $5" 
 
...and I feel so sorry for people that fall for that. 
 
The purpose of a back link is navigation, 
and that means it is used to help navigate 
people and search engines to another website.  
These links are also regarded as "votes" 
by the search engines and are worked
into their algorithm when determining where
your website should rank.
 
The problem here, however, is if people and the
search engines do not even know the link is
there, then it is 100% useless. This is like voting
for someone in your head but never actually
submitting the vote.
 
This is why it is so important to understand the
type of link you are trying to get and how the
traffic from the site you are using will happen. With
a service, like I mentioned above, those links
could be all on pages that are not indexed in
Google and therefore will count for absolutely
nothing. Even worse, they may never get a single
human visitor to them and so not only will they
not help your rankings, but you will get no
traffic at all from them.
 
This is not just an issue with using paid services. 
I see this with any type of link building. People
use software or submit to sites manually and
only blindly submit. They do not follow up
ensuring that the content is subsequently
promoted to ensure that the search engines find
it and the content they do submit has random
links thrown in that offer no reason for any
human readers to click the link (talk about this
in problem #2).
 
Whenever possible, you need to know the places
you are trying to get links from and afterwards
make sure to promote those links to ensure the
search engines actually find them. A really
simple way to do this is to use a service by my
buddy Dan. 
 
 
I have tried all the competing systems, and this 
one is by far the most effective.
 
Problem #2: You are missing out on getting the
human visitor. 
 
Before you publish one more piece of content in
an attempt to get traffic to your site, do yourself
a HUGE favor and put yourself in the shoes of
the end user. What do you do when you land on
a piece of content that is absolute garbage? You
leave and have pretty much no respect for the
website you landed on.
 
So, if you submit to a site, lets say squidoo
(since, everyone is familiar with it) and you only
post random content that does not flow and
offer any value, why in the world would you
expect the person reading it to click a link to
your site? Just because the link is there, you
need to give the person a reason to click the link.
Before you submit content to any service, you
need to understand clearly what the service is
and how you can get the most traffic from it.
 
If you focus only on a back link, then just put
any content you want and place the back link and
you are done. Hopefully, the content will get
ranked, and the link will be counted, but it does
not matter how many visitors you get to your
promotional content, the percentage that will
visit your site from that link is going to be pretty
much zero.
 
One thing to keep in mind, I do use services to
get back links that I realize are purely for search
engine rankings and no human traffic will
directly result from it (but will indirectly from
better rankings). Such as submitting to a bunch
of bookmarking sites, but I understand how
those services work, and so they are treated
different. The point here is understand the
service you are using and how to take the best
advantage of it for not just a back link but more
important TRAFFIC.
 
Problem #3: Your linking looks unnatural to
Google
 
You need to ensure that you are linking to a
bunch of different pages on your websites, 
plus using a variety of anchor text (this is the
word that is actually linked) and use lots of
different services.
 
Too often people only promote the index page
of their site, and you need to ask yourself, how
often are sites like CNN linked to directly to the
home page versus a specific news story. Why,
because people share the stories and that is
what the search engines want for links. People
linking to something because they find it
worthwhile and want to share it. The strategy I
follow is I make sure that I only promote the
index page 40% of the time. The rest is going to
deep links.
 
The subsequent part of this is the anchor text
that is used. This one is going to really hurt
people over the ensuing few months because
Google is going to be clamping down on this
since it is easy to identify. Sites that have links
pointing to them with all the same anchor text,
is the most unnatural link building "red flag"
there is. Yes, this was a strategy that used to
work very well, but the problem is it is way too
easy to spot and if a website is getting 500 links
to a page and 300+ of them are the exact same
keyword, that is pretty easy to spot. You need to
mix this up and use things like only the url, click
here, check this out and other terms that would
happen if people were actually linking to you
because they thought you were a resource.
 
Last but not least, do not rely on only a couple
link sources. When I say link sources, I do not
mean domains, I meant the types of links.
Remember in my first email when I mentioned
the people crying the sky is falling? That is
because these people only used the one type of
service that was hit by Google as their primary
link building and so when it got hit, they lost
everything. You need to expand and include as
many different things as possible and also be
using them all.
 
Take away from this email series...
 
1. Know the purpose of your content
 
 
3. Set your blog up initially as a free resource
until good traffic starts
 
4. Focus on traffic and not backlinks, meaning
understand where you are placing links and how
to get the most out of them.
 
I Have a Cool Surprise For You!
 
I have been sincerely surprised by some of the
seriously great emails I have received and a few
of you asked if there was a course that I was
selling that covered all this. Well, sorry this email
series is not me trying to prepare you for a
product I am going to be selling. I just did this
because I wanted to address some issues, and I
want to offer you value.
 
I do have a new course coming out on the 26th
however, but it is a course about using Amazon
and how my buddy makes 100K a month with
them (pretty incredible), but you will be hearing
more about that later. In the mean time you
 
In the meantime, I have a special surprise for
you. I am holding a webinar tonight that is 100%
free content, and I am not selling anything on it.
It was originally going to cover how to effectively
using email marketing, but I am expanding this
to talk about traffic strategies as well PLUS I have
a surprise guest speaker who agreed to show up
because he is my friend. The guy is an amazing
marketer, and as I said there is nothing to sell,
but we are just going to give you some awesome
free training. This guy was even a guest on the
Rachel Ray show (he knows how to market). 
 
If you want to be in on this, the webinar is
tonight at 7pm eastern and you can register for
it here...
 
 
I am going to try and record the call, but no
guarantees so you better show up if you want in
on this!
 
Have an amazing day!
Jason Katzenback
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Archon Media, 2100 West Loop South Suite 900, Houston, Texas 77027

To unsubscribe or change subscriber options visit:
http://www.aweber.com/z/r/?rAxsbMwMtCwcbByMnGwMtEa0jCwMLBwczIw=

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire