Ads

mardi 10 avril 2012

Google BS Defense… (included a very slick tip for you too)

Hey Twitteruser
 
I hope you enjoyed yesterday's email about my
little rant on "SEO and link building are dead"
and my advice on the "content with purpose".
 
Before I get into the next item on my list "Do NOT
be greedy and try making money too fast", I need
to clarify something.
 
A few of you emailed me about the Push Button SEO
plugin I recommended in the email and there seemed
to be a little confusion about how it makes
creating the content easier.
 
 
Well, I personally do not use that plugin to
create the initial content; instead, I use it to
make the content exactly what Google desires it
to be. In fact, I want to share a little trick
that I do for making very powerful content. This
might not work for all niches, but it works very
well in a most of them.
 
Here is the process I follow:
 
1. Do a search on YouTube for something that 
relates to your blogs' topic and look for a video
that has a fair amount of views and offers
great information. 
 
2. I then go to Fiverr and get the video
transcribed for five bucks. Many workers will do
10 to 12-minute audio transcriptions, and they 
do a great job for the five bucks. 
 
3. Next I add the post to my blog and use the 
Push Button SEO plugin to turn the content a true
reliable solid resource. This works extremely
effective and makes for a really great blog post.
 
If you have not already, check out Push Button SEO
and then try this tip and watch the killer content
you end up creating for very cheap.
 
Now back to the Google BS stuff.
 
This is, in my opinion, the second biggest mistake
people make with their blogs, next to crappy
content. They get greedy and want to make money
with it as fast as possible without every thinking
about long-term success. I am not sure if it is
fear driven or just impatience, but whatever it
is, it's dangerous.
 
I see people create brand new blogs that are not
even indexed in Google yet, and they immediately
jam it full of ads and affiliate offers. Then to
make matters worse, they back link the heck out of
their site, while only using one anchor text the
entire time and the same link source over
repeatedly.
 
It is not 2006 anymore, and those strategies are
no longer anything that you should be focusing on.
Plus, if there is one thing that I truly believe
Google is doing is looking for highly monetized
and over optimized websites. 
 
This is a very good indicator that the site
is not really a good-quality site and probably
full of crap content. 
 
I NEVER monetize a blog the first entire month it
is up. That means not a single affiliate and / or
ad of any kind. I focus it on 100% being a 
resource, and the entire reason for that is I
really do want it to be a resource for people,
including Google. I want people that land on the
site to get value, and I want it to give Google
value by offering its users a true resource.
 
It is also a waste of time trying to monetize a
new blog anyway. It is not going to make a single
penny until it starts getting decent traffic, so
why not wait?
 
Afterwards, once the blog starts to get multiple
top rankings and decent traffic, after that I
start testing different monetization strategies. 
 
The important thing here is you have to test
different offers. 
 
Furthermore, do not just rely on AdSense PLEASE!!!
 
I hear a few of you say that it is the only thing
that ever worked for you.
 
If other things are not converting then I have to
believe you are not testing and tracking offers, 
content and or anything. I am not talking about
using analytics and just looking at data, I mean
really tracking performance and comparing data.
 
Believe me, you need to test and test some more.
Only when I cant get something to make at least
$20 a month, that is the only time I will 
implement AdSense. And very rarely have I not
been able to have a blog make at least that much
per month... but sadly it has happened. The good
thing is most of them make a heck of a lot more
then that!
 
I realize I may be a special case here (just ask
my wife) but I really do have a hard time
believing that AdSense is the only thing that
works for anyone. That might have been the case
a few years ago but things change and you
need to constantly adapt.
 
The second part of this is the "anchor text".
 
If you are doing this right now and have not
already seen lower rankings, be prepared because
you are asking for it. 
 
What I am talking about is using the exact same
keyword, the exact same URL and the exact same
link sources, every time you promote your site.
 
That is in my opinion going to be Google's big
next move. Websites with incoming links all with
the exact same keyword phrase. You need
to randomize this and mix it up!
 
Think about how easy that would be for Google to
identify this.
 
You NEED to mix it up or your sites are going to
get hit.
 
Take Away From This Email:
 
1. Know the purpose of your content (from
yesterday)
 
2. Create killer content (use my YouTube + Fiverr
 
3. Set your blog up initially as a 100% free
resource and sell nothing until you start seeing
some consistent traffic.
 
4. Promote it with a variety of link sources and
mix up your anchor text (I touch more on this in
tomorrows email on "Focus on traffic and not
link building").
 
Note: For the anchor text, I like to use the
Google keyword tool and get Google recommended
alternatives and also mix in things like "click
here", "check it out" and "learn more". Oh and
make sure to get both html links and social links
(Twitter, Facebook, Digg and sites like that).
 
Tomorrow I am going to talk about what I feel is
almost my "internet marketing mission statement"
and that is "focus on traffic and not link
building". That is a pretty vital email with some
killer tips and I promise you it will be something
that will help your Google rankings BIG TIME!
 
Talk tomorrow 
Jason Katzenback
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Archon Media, 2100 West Loop South Suite 900, Houston, Texas 77027

To unsubscribe or change subscriber options visit:
http://www.aweber.com/z/r/?rAxsbMwMtCwcbByMnGwMtEa0jCwMTCxsrOw=

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire